If you enjoy products by Frank’s RedHot then this is a dinner to check out. I first discovered the Sweet Chili flavor when Brandon and I ordered wings at a small town bar where we used to live. I don’t usually make wings at home, but it is such a good sauce that I had to find another way to use it. The sweet chili flavor lends itself to an Asian inspired type of meal and that is how I came up with the delicious, yet SO simple, Sweet Chili Chicken and Broccoli.
I also need to mention that on this particular occasion of making my Sweet Chili Chicken and Broccoli, I had to use a substitute for Frank’s. I went to two stores and much to my dismay, they were both out! Now I am not naming names, but the sauce I tried in place of Frank’s did not measure up…at all. You are free to use any sweet chili sauce you like, but I would stick to the good stuff!
Gather your ingredients.
Brown the chicken while the rice cooks and the broccoli steams.
Add the broccoli to the chicken.
Add the sauce.
Cover and simmer until it thickens.
Serve over rice.
- 1 package of chicken breast, diced into large pieces
- 1 bottle of Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili
- 1 – 4 cup package of steam-in-the-bag broccoli
- Rice…as much as you want and prepared according to the package directions
- Dice the chicken into large pieces
- Steam the broccoli and cook the rice (you don’t have to steam the broccoli for the full time because it will cook with the sauce but don’t add it completely frozen)
- While the broccoli is steaming, start cooking the chicken by placing into a large skillet with oil that is heated to medium
- When the chicken begins to turn white and is almost cooked through, add the broccoli and the entire bottle of sauce
- After pouring in the sauce, I also add a couple tablespoons of water to the bottle, shake it up to get all of the remaining sauce, and pour that into the pan
- Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken slightly and the chicken is cooked through
- Serve over rice