Cornbread is a great side dish to serve with soup or chili. I use a store bought mix and add some delicious ingredients to make it my own.
Pepper Jack Green Chili Cornbread
- Your favorite cornbread mix for an 8×8 pan
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup corn – fresh or frozen (thawed)
- Follow the package directions for your cornbread mix.
- Stir in the cheese, chilies, and corn.
- Bake according to directions, but add 5-10 minutes to make sure it the bread cooks through. The extra time is needed due to added ingredients.