This recipe comes from Sheila from Beyond the Grain Gluten Free. It is an easy banana bread recipe that you can make using a gluten free white cake mix. To make this banana bread, I followed Sheila’s recipe (posted below), and then I put my own spin on it.
Banana Bread (Sheila’s Recipe)
- 1 Beyond the Grain White Cake Mix
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9×5 – inch or 8×4 – inch loaf pan with shortening.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, mashed bananas, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 9-inch loaf 55 to 60 minutes, 8-inch loaf 65 to 75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Place sheet of foil over loaf to prevent over-browning, if needed.)
- Cool completely before slicing.
My changes/additions for Dark Chocolate Cashew Banana Bread:
- Follow directions from Sheila.
- When making batter, also add in 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract before beating.
- Once the batter is mixed, stir in 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews and 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
Bake and enjoy!