Dark Chocolate Cashew Banana Bread (Using Beyond the Grain White Cake Mix)
This recipe comes from Sheila from Beyond the Grain Gluten Free. It is an easy banana bread recipe that you can make using a gluten free white cake mix. To make this banana bread, I followed Sheila’s recipe (posted below), and then I put my own spin on it.
Banana Bread (Sheila’s Recipe)
- 1 Beyond the Grain White Cake Mix
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9×5 – inch or 8×4 – inch loaf pan with shortening.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, mashed bananas, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 9-inch loaf 55 to 60 minutes, 8-inch loaf 65 to 75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Place sheet of foil over loaf to prevent over-browning, if needed.)
- Cool completely before slicing.
My changes/additions for Dark Chocolate Cashew Banana Bread:
- Follow directions from Sheila.
- When making batter, also add in 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract before beating.
- Once the batter is mixed, stir in 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews and 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
Bake and enjoy!