Before becoming gluten free, I loved beer. There are so many varieties to try and the craft beer industry keeps growing and pumping out new, tasty varieties. One of my favorite parts of going out to eat or catching up with friends was trying a new beer. When I became gluten free, one of my first harsh realizations was that I could not have beer. Or could I? The popularity of cider beers has helped to produce a number of gluten free beverage options.
There are some brands of gluten free beer that are supposed to be substitutes for commons types of beer. These are ok and over time, I know that the gluten free beers available will continue to grow. In the meantime, I have become a lover of cider beer. There are a ton of gluten free options in the hard cider category. Here are a couple of my favorite brands:
- Strongbow – sweet, but not too sweet, offers gold apple and a honey apple flavor
- Ciderboys – offers combinations such as strawberry apple, peach apple, and pineapple apple
- Crispin – crisp, less sweet, also offers a pear hard cider.
- Angry Orchard – very sweet, but good, offers multiple flavors
- Stella Cidre – crisp, less sweet than other varieties
These are a few of the beverages that are gluten free and quite delicious! Let me know if you have any reviews or recommendations on the beers I featured or other products that I should try!