Gluten Free Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola is the result of my new love for experimenting with making granola at home. This one includes quinoa and peanut butter. It forms big clusters and stays slightly softer than a traditional granola.
Start with gluten free oats, cooked quinoa, and flax or chia seeds.
I like to use this flax chia blend. I found it at my local Coborn’s Grocery Store.
In a saucepan, melt peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the oat mixture.
Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and put it into the oven for about 30-35 minutes.
Bake until crisp and you are ready to enjoy this alone or on top of some yogurt.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (I like Skippy Natural)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp canola or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick cook)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp flax chia seed blend
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa, and flax chia seed blend.
- In a small saucepan, heat peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon until warm and completely melted.
- Remove from heat and pour onto the oat mixture.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Spread evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave some clumps in the granola. They are the best part.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and beginning to harden.
- Remove from oven.
- Granola will continue to harden slightly as it cools.