My granola making obsession continues with Gluten Free Coconut Cashew Granola…gluten free oats, cashews, toasted coconut…yum!!
Start by measuring out oats, coconut, and cashews into a mixing bowl.
In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and a pinch of sea salt until it is combined.
Pour the mixture over the oats. Work quickly. This is a very sticky sauce and it takes quite a bit of stirring to coat all of the dry ingredients.
Spread the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet. This will bake for about 25-30 minutes. I would recommend stirring this granola every 10 minutes, because the coconut flakes burn easily.
Let cool and enjoy!
Gluten Free Coconut Cashew Granola
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut (use an unsweetened variety)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, and cashews.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil, honey, sugar, and sea salt. Heat until it is fully combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into the oat mixture. Mix quickly. It will seem dry and that there is not enough liquid. Keep mixing…it will work!
- Spread the mixture into an even layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir at the 10 and 20 minute mark. At the 25 minute mark, stir and check. It may be done. If not, place back into the oven for a few more minutes.
- Let cool and harden completely.
- Store in an airtight container.