Guacamole is one of favorite things. It can be made a million different ways. I am honestly not sure that I ever make it exactly the same. I have seen all sorts of fun additions to guac and thought I would give one a try today. I just made a basic guac and added in some pomegranate seeds. The pomegranate adds a little bit of sweetness and crunch. Yum!
I forgot to put the jalapeno in my picture…oops! I used frozen pomegranate seeds. You can see they are still thawing out.
Mash everything together except the pomegranate. Stir in the seeds once everything else is well mixed.
Guacamole with Pomegranate
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno finely diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (I used frozen ones that I thawed)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin and discard the seeds. Put the avocado in a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop cilantro and red onion. Add to the bowl.
- Add the juice of both limes to the bowl.
- Add in sea salt and garlic powder.
- Mash together using a fork or potato masher until creamy and very well combined.
- Stir in pomegranate seeds and serve.