Right now I am on what my school district calls “mid-winter break.” While I would love to be on a tropical vacation for this lovely week off, I am just as happy to have time to visit with people that I love, clean, nap on the couch with my pup, and cook. I don’t know what to say about this granola, besides that I think it is my favorite one yet. It is a delicious combo of pumpkin seeds, toasted almonds, crunchy clusters of oats, tart cranberries, and decadent white chocolate. Here’s how you make it.
Combine oats, pumpkin seeds, and almonds.
Heat up brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Combine the oats with the sugar mixture. Lightly beat an egg and mix it in. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Mix cranberries and white chocolate with the warm granola.
Let cool, and dig in…just a warning, you may not be able to stop eating this one.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats (not quick cook)
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola coconut oil blend (I like Spectrum)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp course sea salt
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, and almonds.
- In a small saucepan, combine oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Heat until the sugar is melted. Do not let it come to a boil. It will appear separated.
- Pour the oil sugar mixture into the oat mixture. Stir really well to coat everything.
- Lightly beat and egg and pour it into the granola mixture. Stir until it is mixed in. This will help make big clumps of granola.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, gently flip the granola, and bake for another 15 minutes (total 30 minute baking time).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle on cranberries, and gently mix them in with the warm granola.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate pieces all over the top. Gently stir so that everything is coated with chocolate, and sprinkle on the sea salt.
- Cool completely. You can put it in the fridge to cool it down faster.
- Store in an airtight container.