I love making egg bakes. I actually make them for dinner more than I do for breakfast. They are quick, easy to make gluten free, and you can pack them full of veggies and protein. The best part is this is a healthy way to get all of the flavors of Jalapeño Poppers into a meal. Here is how to make it!
Whisk eggs and milk. Combine with jalapeños, cheese, and bacon.
Pour into a greased baking dish. Drop small pieces of the cream cheese all over the top of the eggs.
Bake for about 30 minutes until eggs are fully set. Let cool before cutting.
Time to eat!
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ container of Philadelphia low-fat Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon. (I liked to cook mine on parchment paper in a 425 degree oven until crisp)
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon, sliced jalapeños, and cheese to the egg mixture and stir.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Use a small spoon to drop little pieces of the cream cheese spread all over the egg mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until eggs are fully set.