Hello! My posts have been few and far between lately. While I wish I could be cooking, baking, and writing recipes more, life has been so busy. I am down to my last course before completing my masters degree!! I could not be more excited to be wrapping up this journey. Even Oliver has become so used to me sitting at my computer working on homework that he just curls up under my desk to nap.
Spring in Minnesota also means baseball season…one of my favorite things to do is sit outside at a Twins game. Of course a Big Ginger and some stadium food doesn’t hurt either. The very best part of going to Twins games is that I usually go with Katie…she’s the best, ever! We take a picture at every game…yup, look out Kim K., we are mastering the art of the selfie at Target Field. Also…the Twins won both games we went to! Maybe we are a good luck charm?
This is also a crazy time of the year in the life of a teacher. Lots to do, so little time. There is a mix of feeling excited for summer break, along with anxiety about what my students will be doing all summer. My days are packed with meetings, paperwork, and trying to fit in as much time with every student as possible.
And finally, you may be wondering if I have been in the kitchen at all? There hasn’t been a ton of time to test new recipes, but I am excited to share one with you that I have been working on! As you know, I am a huge fan of Beyond the Grain Gluten Free products. It is a Minnesota company, and their products are so yummy! I wanted to make a muffin recipe that was quick, easy, and required few ingredients. My 5 Ingredient Double Chocolate Banana Muffins use a chocolate cake mix along with other ingredients that I usually have in the house.
To make these muffins all you need is a Beyond the Grain Chocolate Cake Mix, some smashed bananas, milk, eggs, and chocolate chips. Add everything except for the chocolate chips to a big bowl, mix, stir in the chocolate chips…easy as that.
- One package Beyond the Grain Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place liners in a muffin tin (makes 12 muffins).
- In a large bowl add cake mix, eggs, milk, and bananas.
- Mix using an electric hand mixer on low for about 45-60 seconds, just until everything is combined.
- Beat on high for 20-30 more seconds.
- Use a spatula to gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place muffins on a wire rack to continue cooling.