Creamy Chicken Salad with Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, and Goat Cheese
It has been quite a while seen you have seen a post from me. This summer has been incredibly busy. I completed my master’s degree and I got engaged! I am getting married on July 10th so I have been spending lots of time preparing for the wedding…more details to come in a later post!
I have a new recipe to share with you that is perfect for summer. My Creamy Chicken Salad with Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, and Goat Cheese is light, full of flavor, and great for a quick lunch, dinner, or potluck snack with crackers. The salad is delicious by itself but the addition of creamy, tangy goat cheese makes it even better.
My favorite way to serve this chicken salad is on muffin-sized popovers. I get the mix for the popovers from Beyond the Grain Gluten Free. I slice the popover and put a generous scoop of the chicken salad on it. Add a few goat cheese crumbles to the top and enjoy!
Until next time,
[recipe title=”Creamy Chicken Salad with Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, and Goat Cheese” difficulty=”easy”]
- 2 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3-4 spring onions or scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- goat cheese – 2-3 ounces
- In a mixing bowl combine mayo, yogurt, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Shred chicken.
- Chop celery and slice onions.
- Add chicken, celery, and onions to the mayo mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add cranberries and pepitas. Stir until combined.
- Serve on bread, crackers, or my favorite way…on Beyond the Grain Gluten Free Popovers.