I absolutely love breakfast foods! They are so delicious and I enjoy having them for lunch and dinner as well. When I am working during the school year I typically make some sort of breakfast every morning for Brandon and myself. I feel bad during summer when I am off of work and want to sleep in…not like the guy can’t make his own breakfast, but I like to do it. Overnight oats give me the best of both worlds…I can make breakfast for my guy (husband now…still can’t believe it!!) and sleep in…well as late as Oliver will let me sleep in.
I haven’t developed many overnight oat recipes because there are so many good ones already out there…just look on Pinterest. Lately though I have been obsessed with PB2 and have been trying to figure out more recipes to use it in. It is perfect in smoothies, my Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins, and overnight oats. How do you like to use PB2?
Peanut Butter Banana Chip Overnight Oats couldn’t be any more easy or delicious. Mash up a banana. Add everything except the chocolate chips. Mix well and then stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight and you have a breakfast that taste like dessert. In the morning if the oats are too thick you can add an extra splash of milk. Have you guys tried Silk Cashew Milk? I LOVE this stuff. I don’t care for the taste of almond milk and so I was thrilled when this came out.
Easy. Yummy. AND it looks pretty which is important too 🙂
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats (I like Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ cup PB2 powdered peanut butter
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk (I use plain cashew or almond milk. If you want a thicker texture use ¾ cup. You can always add more milk in the morning when you serve them.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the oats, peanut butter powder, yogurt, vanilla, and honey.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours.
- If it is too thick, stir in a bit more milk.
- Top with sliced bananas, nuts, and more chocolate chips if you like.