A little over a week ago I introduced you guys to Uncle Steve’s Italian Specialties. They make 3 varieties of tomato sauce that are so good, versatile, and completely organic. I introduced you to Uncle Steve’s Arrabiata Sauce in my recipe for Cheesy Turkey Meatballs with Arrabiata Sauce. The sauce spicy, but not too spicy. Uncle Steve’s uses sweet tomatoes with no added purees or paste so the tomatoes are super sweet and the sauce is not acidic.
I had some of the meatballs and sauce leftover last week and have been on a quesadilla kick. I am becoming convinced that you can turn basically anything into a quesadilla and it will be delicious. This is great for leftovers but seriously, you should make the meatballs just so that you can experience the deliciousness. It is like a cross between pizza, a calzone, and a meatball sub. AMAZING.
If you are the kind of person who likes to have something to dip your quesadillas in, use some of Uncle Steves’ Marinara Sauce!
- 1 gluten free ivory teff tortilla
- 2 meatballs
- 2 tbsp Uncle Steve's Arrabiata Sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 6-7 thin strips of green bell pepper
- Cut the tortilla in half (into semi circles).
- Spread 1 tbsp of arrabiata on each half of the tortilla.
- Put half of of the cheese on top of the sauce.
- Slice the meatballs and arrange in a thin layer on top of the cheese.
- Add green peppers.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place the other tortilla half, sauce side down on top.
- Heat a skillet to medium and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook the tortilla for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Carefully flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Let me know what you think if you try Uncle Steve’s!