It’s already Tuesday! I love having off on a Monday…the rest of the work week somehow seems much more manageable after having an extra day off. I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend and got some time to relax. We didn’t do anything too crazy…went to a birthday party, got caught up on some housework, and spent time outside. Yesterday the heat finally calmed down. Brandon and I took Oliver to a trail that we like to walk on…I had the idea to go a different way than we had before and we ended up on a 5.5 mile walk. I think a little further than Oliver would have liked, but he made it.
You guys know that to make my week less stressful I love a make-ahead breakfast. This one is so easy to throw together, filling, and delicious! I made it last week and had it for breakfast one day and for a snack at work another day. And yes, it is ANOTHER zucchini recipe 🙂
Peanut butter and chocolate always go well together. I use PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter in this recipe to keep the fat low while adding lots of flavor and protein.
You just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, dump them into a baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes. If you want, you can add a chocolate drizzle…I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to! This recipe uses almond milk and if you want it to be completely dairy free just swap out the chocolate chips for a dairy free kind such as Enjoy Life.
To make the pretty and delicious chocolate drizzle it is as simple as melting coconut oil and chocolate chips together in the microwave.
You can serve this immediately or portion it out into containers for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack all week.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup PB2 powdered peanut buter
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups light vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease the inside of an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Grate 1 cup zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture.
- To a medium bowl add zucchini, oats, cinnamon, PB2, vanilla, maple syrup, chocolate chips, and almond milk.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting into or let cool and place in fridge for an easy breakfast or lunch the next day.
- If you want, you can add a chocolate drizzle by melting coconut oil and chocolate chips together in the microwave.
Chocolate Drizzle is optional and is not included in nutrition info.
Have a great week!