Football season is here!! You may or may not care about football…but you should care about the snacks! I do enjoy watching some games, but the best part of football season is that you always have a reason to get together with people and eat good food! My Buffalo Blue Cheese Hummus is the perfect game day snack.
Buffalo sauce and blue cheese. The combination is perfect. I never get sick of recipes that are a play on buffalo wings and blue cheese dressing. Thanks to all of you, Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake is my number 1 viewed and pinned recipe on Pinterest! I also have a recipe for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Chili that is delicious…save that one for cooler weather! Going along with my buffalo and blue cheese obsession, I bring you Buffalo Blue Cheese Hummus.
Hummus that is packed full of Texas Pete’s Buffalo Sauce and blue cheese crumbles. The blue cheese adds to the creaminess of the hummus and there is a generous amount so you can really taste it. The buffalo sauce adds the spicy, buttery, salty flavor of buffalo wings.
Texas Pete’s is my favorite variety of buffalo wing sauce…have you tried it? Frank’s is good too…but I am a convert. I think you might be too if you try Texas Pete’s (I was not paid to say this…it’s just that good!!)
This hummus reminds me of the buffalo chicken crockpot dip that everyone brings to parties. This is much healthier than that dip that is loaded with cream cheese, ranch dressing, and shredded cheese. Enjoy it with veggies, tortilla chips, pretzels, or heck, just eat a spoonful…
- 2 cans garbanzo beans(chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce (I prefer Texas Pete's)
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp evoo
- pinch of salt
- (optional: extra blue cheese and hot sauce to garnish)
- Drain and rinse 2 cans of garbanzo beans. Place into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add minced garlic, buffalo sauce, water, blue cheese, evoo, and a pinch of salt to the food processor.
- Process on high for 2 minutes until everything is smooth and well combined.
- You may need to scrape down the sides 1-2 times.
- At this point it is ready to enjoy.
- You can top with additional hot sauce and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with veggies, gluten free tortilla chips, or gluten free pretzels.
Find Texas Pete’s Buffalo Sauce through my Amazon affiliate link.