Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start! In Minnesota we woke up to some pretty cool weather this morning….43 degrees! Fall is definitely here. Although I miss summer, fall is my favorite season. Cozy sweatshirts, pumpkin everything, beautiful leaves, football, opening the windows…
I am working on lots of pumpkin recipes for you for October. I feel like there is still time for at least one more zucchini recipe. Even though I am not growing them I seem to keep acquiring more. My Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Bread has no flour, is made with delicious natural peanut butter, and can be made dairy free by swapping out the chocolate chips. (You could try something like the Enjoy Life brand chips)
You don’t have to buy special oat flour to make this bread. Just pulse some gluten free rolled oats in the food processor or blender. I left the oats slightly course for this bread.
This loaf makes about 8 hearty slices of delicious bread. It didn’t last long in our house. The cool fall weather makes for a perfect baking day and you can have this in the oven in no time!
- 1 cup gluten free oats, ground or oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cup shredded zucchini, moisture squeezed out
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter (creamy)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To the bowl of a mixer add eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Mix until well combined, about 1 minute. You may need to scrape the sides one time.
- Grate your zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture. Add to the mixer.
- Put 1 cup gf rolled oats into a food processor or blender to grind to a course flour. (Or you can buy oat flour, but I like the courser texture of grinding my own.)
- Stir the salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into the ground oats.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer.
- Mix just until everything is combined.
- Add in ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Mix into batter.
- Grease a standard bread pan very well on bottom and sides.
- Pour batter into pan and spread into an even layer. It will be thick.
- Sprinkle on 1 tbsp of chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 38-45 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Make sure to check the bread at 38 minutes so that you don't dry it out.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the bread pan.
Have a fabulous weekend!