As promised, most of the recipes I share with you this month will involve pumpkin! I have a few other posts planned too for you non-pumpkin lovers out there. So far this week has been super busy. When my schedule gets too hectic I like to plan ahead with meals and snacks. Not only because it makes my life easier, but also because I am always hungry. I tend to live my life meal to meal…I can’t help it.
Peanut butter and pumpkin may seem like a weird combo, but it’s not. It’s delicious! Maybe you have already tried my Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats? These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Energy Bites are a yummy treat and a filling little snack.
This is a super easy recipe that can be made in the food processor. If you want to bump up the protein in this recipe you can sub a little bit of the PB2 powder for vanilla protein. I don’t like the taste of protein powder in these as well, but if you use it, the bites will have about 1 more gram of protein each.
Chia seeds and pumpkin add lots of nutrition to these cute bites. They are also dipped in a tiny bit of chocolate which never hurt anything. Sorry for the random dog pic (well not that sorry) but he was totally invading when I was trying to photograph these energy bites. I couldn’t resist a photo opportunity of that cute, pouting face.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter (or use ½ cup PB2 + 1 scoop vanilla protein)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbsp light/unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided (2 tbsp + 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Put the gluten free rolled oats into the food processor and process on high for about 30 seconds until the oats are ground in course crumbs.
- Add powdered peanut butter. Pulse a few times to combine evenly.
- Add the maple syrup, pumpkin, almond milk, and vanilla. Process on high until the mix comes together. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor 1 time.
- Add in the chia seeds and 2 tbsp of chocolate chips. Pulse until evenly distributed.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out scoops of the mixture and roll into balls. You will get 12-14.
- Once they are all rolled oat you can set them on a plate in the fridge to set up.
- In a small, microwave safe dish add 2 tbsp of chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil. Microwave in 15-30 second intervals until melted. Check and stir frequently.
- Take the protein bites and dip half of each one into the chocolate and set on wax paper or a plate and place back in the fridge.
- Refrigerate the bites for at least 1 hour before enjoying.
Make this recipe dairy free by using Enjoy Life chocolate chips!