If you have ever read my blog before you already know that I love granola. It is just SO delicious. Perfect for snacking, topping yogurt…yum!!
This granola has pumpkin…of course because it is October and I have declared it #allpumpkineverything Ok…maybe not just me…I think everybody is pumpkin crazy right now. Fall is the best! The leaves are really starting to change here. This weekend was absolutely beautiful…over 80 degrees on Sunday…in October!
Onto the granola. Pumpkin and cashew are a surprisingly amazing combination. Cashews have such a rich, nutty taste that go perfectly with pumpkin.
Cashew butter holds the granola together in little clusters and adds great flavor.
This granola also calls for pumpkin pie spice which I know you probably have tucked away in the cupboard from some other recipe and you need a way to use it up.
And of course there’s the dark chocolate…nothing bad about that!
Enjoy! Have a great week!!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup roasted, lightly salt cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin (canned puree)
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats and roughly chopped cashews.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin, cashew butter, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat on low just until everything melts and is combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the oats and cashews. Stir until everything is well coated. Again, it will be thick.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes total. At about the 20 minute mark, gently flip the granola so it can brown on the other side. Then let finish cooking.
- Remove granola from the oven after 30 minutes and let cool completely so the chocolate can harden again.
- Store in an airtight container.