Halfway through the week! How are you doing? The weather has been so warm and absolutely gorgeous here! I am trying to enjoy as much of this beautiful fall as possible! Like always life is just super busy right now, but it’s fall which means there is always time to bake. There is something wonderful about having bread baking on a crisp fall day.
This bread is particularly good because it is made with cashew butter. Cashew butter is freaking delicious. Seriously. Have you had it? I am not sure how it’s possible you have not because nut butters are out of control these days. There are entire grocery sections dedicated to all the varieties of nut butters. They are everywhere…and they are addicting!
Oats, bananas, cashew butter, maple syrup, dark chocolate…doesn’t get much better than that!
This bread is filling, free of gluten and dairy, and just plain yummy!
Have a great rest of your week! Happy baking!
- 1 cup course ground gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cup mashed overripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse rolled oats in the food processor to a course grind. (15-30 seconds)
- Pulse in baking soda and salt.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and cashew butter to a mixing bowl and mix on medium-high until well combined. (can use hand mixer or stand mixer)
- Add the oat mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well greased bread pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing.