It has been cool and rainy in Minnesota for the last 2 days and I think that it is supposed to continue. On the bright side, there is no snow yet. By this time last year we had already had a snow day and there was well over a foot of snow on the ground. The cooler weather always makes me want to get out the slow cooker. On a cool, gloomy day there is something so comforting about a hot bowl of chili or soup. My Slow Cooker Turkey Ranch Taco Chili is just the thing for a cold day. To me, one of the best parts is this chili is it gives me the perfect reason to whip up a big batch ofGo-To Guac. Who doesn’t love an excuse to eat more guac?
This chili is quick and easy to throw together. I like to make things like this on the weekend and then I have something for lunches all week.
Even if you don’t like to cook, you can make slow cooker chili. All you have to do is brown meat, empty some cans, and chop up a few veggies. Throw it all in the slow cooker and before you know it you have a meal.
I bet you’re wondering why the heck there are zucchinis in my taco chili? Well, I figure it’s a good way to sneak some more veggies into your meal. The zucchini doesn’t have a strong flavor so it takes on the seasoning really well. If you don’t like them, leave them out.
I like to top this chili with guac, plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, and some corn tortilla chips. Yum!!
Stay warm and have a fabulous week!
- 20 oz. package ground turkey breast
- 1 - 15.5 oz can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 - 15 oz. cans low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small-medium zucchini diced into cubes and seeds removed if needed
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced and seeds removed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash taco seasoning + 1 cup water
- 1 packet ranch seasoning (Make sure it's gf. I used Hidden Valley.)
- Heat a skillet to medium and add a tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Brown the ground turkey.
- When turkey no longer has any visible pink, add the packet of taco seasoning and 1 cup of water. Stir to combine and turn off heat.
- Add turkey to the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, sauce, and water.
- Stir in the ranch seasoning packet.
- Dice zucchini, onion, and peppers and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the frozen corn.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours.