Here we go…Super Bowl 50 is just about here! Of course the game, commercials, and company are great, but we all know the best part is actually the food! If you haven’t already noticed, I am obsessed with all things buffalo chicken. It’s just so good and it always reminds me of football season. The Super Bowl is like Thanksgiving to me…it’s all about good people and good food and isn’t that what life is all about?
These buffalo chicken nachos are definitely not a diet food but if you are watching the big game with some friends you can share! Or maybe you won’t want to, but you should.
Gooey queso, crunchy corn tortilla chips, spicy buffalo sauce, shredded chicken, smokey blue cheese, and fresh green onions. Doesn’t get more Super Bowl than that! The buffalo sauce is the key ingredient here. These are BUFFALO chicken nachos after all…what is your favorite brand of hot sauce? I use a couple different brands, but I have to say that Texas Pete’s
is my favorite and no, they are not paying me to say that…it’s just the best one in my opinion!
I keep hearing about horrendous heartburn and indigestion with pregnancy. I am sure it will be coming, but so far so good…so I am eating all of the spicy food I can get before it’s too late. Pepperoni jalapeño pizza, spicy taco salads, and buffalo chicken everything!
Hang in there…the weekend is almost here! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or monterrey jack cheese
- 3 tbsp diced green chilies (from the can)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 16 oz bag gluten free tortilla chips (I used yellow corn)
- 4 sliced green onions
- ¾ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2-3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz. smoked blue cheese crumbles
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add milk and stir to combine.
- Add in cheese and green chilies.
- Stir until melted together completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil to avoid a huge, cheesy mess.
- Layer on half of the chips and top with half of the queso, half of the chicken, and half of the buffalo sauce. Repeat these layers to use the remaining ingredients.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, top with sliced green onions, and serve.