Paleo Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Finally…a paleo recipe on Gluten Free Jess! I know I am way late to the paleo party, but I think you will be quite happy with this little paleo-friendly treat! I know that many people probably roll their eyes when they hear the word “paleo” because it is so often associated with the cross-fit obsessed and health conscious. However, if you do your research on the paleo diet it has been around for a long time. It is a complete game changer for people with auto-immune diseases and difficulty with their digestive and gut health. What I love about paleo recipes is that they are friendly for people on gluten and dairy free diets and incorporate lots of healthy ingredients.
I have to admit I had to do some research to make sure the ingredients in these Paleo Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie actually were paleo because it is not a diet that I follow regularly. If you are a paleo expert and something is wrong in here…please let me know! I had difficulty finding an exact answer on chocolate being paleo or what kind of chocolate is ok. I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels which are dairy free These do contain cane sugar so not 100% paleo, but Danielle Walker of Against All Grain has referenced this brand in her recipes so I am saying it counts.
If you are on a paleo diet and need a sweet treat this mug cookie will definitely do the trick. It is quick and easy to make and has ingredients that you likely have on-hand if you do a lot of paleo or gluten free baking. I like these single-serve type of desserts because then there isn’t a big batch of treats tempting you around the house and there is virtually no mess to clean up.
Paleo or not…I hope you give this delicious mug cookie a try! Have a wonderful rest of your week!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp organic coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp almond meal flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1-2 tbsp dairy and additive free dark chocolate chips
- Add coconut oil to a mug or small bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds until the oil is melted.
- Stir in coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in egg yolk until completely blended in.
- Add almond flour and stir well.
- Mix in desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 55 seconds.