HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Any big plans for the weekend? I think we finally have a weekend at home and have some cleaning, organizing, and other projects to tackle. It’s also supposed to be in the 50s on Saturday! I am pumped. Can’t wait to get outside and feel some warm air!
I don’t know if you love pizza as much as me, but I could seriously eat it almost every day! My absolute favorite is pepperoni with jalapeños. Even better…when you find a pizza place that has cream cheese. Pepperoni. Jalapeño. Cream Cheese. BEST PIZZA EVER! However, I can’t eat pizza all of the time. Insert sad face here. I am guessing my growing baby girl probably doesn’t appreciate greasy, spicy foods anyway. Since I can’t eat pizza every day it is fun to find other ways to incorporate the flavors of pizza into other meals.
These 5-Ingredient Pizza Mushrooms are something that I have been making for a while. I have shared them on Instagram (@glutenfreejessblog) but haven’t gotten around to sharing the recipe on the blog. They are super easy to make, low in carbs, and satisfy a pizza craving. You can customize these with the toppings that you like. I like pepperoni and green peppers on mine. If you are looking for a good pepperoni I would recommend trying Applegate Naturals Uncured Pepperoni.
The recipe for these mushrooms makes enough for 2 people to have a meal. I like to serve them with a salad. You could also use these as an appetizer for a get together. Let me know what your favorite ways to top these guilt free little pizzas are and share your photos with me on Instagram!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- 1 large container baby bella mushrooms (about 14-16 mushrooms)
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella parmesan blend
- 6 slices nitrate-free pepperoni, cut into small pieces
- ½ green pepper, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean the mushroom caps with a damp cloth and remove the stems. Discard the stems or save for another recipe.
- Place the mushrooms in a foil-lined baking dish.
- Spoon a small amount of sauce into each mushroom (about 1 tsp per mushroom).
- Top each mushroom with a small amount of cheese.
- Top with pepperoni and green pepper pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and pepperoni is slightly crisp.