I guess I am on a pizza kick! I know I just posted the recipe for 5-Ingredient Pizza Mushrooms but once I was experimenting with pizza flavors and ingredients I got on a roll. You already know I am obsessed with pizza (and that’s not just pregnancy hormones talking!) so naturally I love to find ways to eat pizza that are a little bit more healthy.
I prepped my Quinoa Pizza Muffins on Sunday and used them for lunches throughout the week. Two of the muffins with a little bit of marinara or pizza sauce for dipping was a perfect lunch along with a side of fresh fruits and veggies. I don’t know about you, but I have a hard time thinking of things to pack for lunch. I get sick of the same old things and don’t always have leftovers to bring. These refrigerate and reheat really well so they are perfect for your lunchbox.
These Quinoa Pizza Muffins are loaded with pizza flavor and packed with protein filled ingredients…eggs, quinoa, and cheese. I used green pepper, onion, and pepperoni for my “toppings”, but you could customize this to use any combination of pizza flavors you like. Just make sure you keep the total amount of fillings about the same.
If you love pizza as much as I do I think these will curb a pizza craving…at least some of the time! If you serve these for a meal I think they would pair great with some type of simple green or Caesar salad.
Have a fabulous week!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup dry)
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped nitrate free pepperoni (I use Applegate)
- 1½ cups shredded cheese (mozzarella or a pizza blend)
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste (I prefer about ½ tsp each)
- pizza or marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- Stir in diced pepper, onion, pepperoni, and cheese.
- Add dried spices.
- Lightly beat eggs and stir into the quinoa mixture.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Divide the quinoa mixture evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are turning golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing.
- Serve with pizza or marinara sauce.