What are your Sunday plans? For me, Sundays usually consist of cleaning, meal planning, grocery shipping, and meal prep for the week. I also like to bake on the weekends so we have some healthy treats to enjoy during the week. These Quinoa Chia Banana Muffins are a new favorite because they are so easy to make and full of healthy ingredients. What are some of your favorite meal planning and prep tips? It seems to be an ongoing challenge to keep up with healthy meal planning!
Quinoa and chia seeds are two health-packed super foods that I try to include in my diet as much as possible. My favorite thing about quinoa is that is can be incorporated into sweet or savory recipes. It contains complete proteins and is full of other health benefits. Chia seeds add a nice little crunch to baked goods and are full of protein, fiber, and omega-3s.
These muffins are made with quinoa, chia seeds, and pure maple syrup in place of sugar. They contain no oil. If you don’t like muffins that are super sweet these are the perfect flavor. To add a little added sweetness or flavor you can stir in some dairy free dark chocolate chips or blueberries.
You can whip up these muffins in no time for a quick and easy snack or breakfast. We make plain quinoa a few times a week to go along with different dinners. I just make sure to make a little extra so that I can make these muffins without having to prep quinoa first.
Be sure to comment with your favorite meal planning and prep tips! If you make these muffins use #glutenfreejess or tag @glutenfreejessblog so I can see all of your creations!
- 2 mashed, overripe bananas (approx heaping ½ cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup gf flour (I use Beyond the Grain brand)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Optional: ½ cup dark chocolate chips or blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Combine mashed bananas, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and almond milk in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and chia seeds. Stir to combine evenly.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Stir in cooked quinoa.
- Optional: Stir in blueberries or chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.