Banana Blueberry Breakfast Cake + Gluten Free Jess Had a Baby!
Hello everyone!! I have missed you! It’s a little hard to keep up with the blog right now, but due to a wonderful reason. Our baby girl was born on June 26th! Rowan Christine was 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19.5 inches long. Brandon and I are overjoyed, overtired, and head-over-heels in LOVE. We are all healthy, happy, and adjusting to our new routine.
I am excited to bring this new recipe to you sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill! Banana Blueberry Breakfast Cake. I mean, cake…for breakfast! Nothing wrong with that. This breakfast cake is healthy and loaded with good for you ingredients…quinoa flour, flaxseed meal, coconut oil, bananas, and blueberries. It has a similar taste to banana bread, but more of the texture of an indulgent cake.
Bob’s Red Mill has so many great, healthy varieties of flours and other gluten free food products. Their flaxseed meal adds healthy fats and omega-3s to this breakfast cake. Quinoa flour gives the cake a slightly nutty flavor and of course is packed with all the superfood benefits of quinoa.
With a new baby around I don’t have a ton of time for cooking and baking but this recipe can be thrown together quickly and makes for a delicious and nutrient-packed breakfast. Plus, who doesn’t want to have cake for breakfast and not feel guilty about it?
On a side note…something even more wonderful than eating cake for breakfast is becoming a mom to this little sweetie.
So far motherhood has been challenging, tiring, rewarding, and made my heart so full of love that I never even knew possible. I am not a overly emotional person but this little girl has turned me into a giant, sappy, ball of mush. I just adore everything she does and am trying to soak up and enjoy every moment.
Have a fabulous week!
- 1¼ cups quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping cup mashed overripe bananas
- ¾ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine quinoa flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flaxseed.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil and brown sugar. Use a hand mixer to combine until the mixture comes together and looks like course crumbs.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add ½ cup of the blueberries to the mix and gently stir in. Reserve the other ¼ cup for the top.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set.
- Let cool before cutting.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All recipes, photographs, and opinions are my own. Sponsored posts help make Gluten Free Jess possible.