Hello my Gluten Free Jess family!!! I cannot even express to you my excitement as I begin to type this post! It has been too long since I have been able to sit down and share how life is going with all of you. 2016 is flying by so fast. Thanksgiving came and went without you evening hearing a peep from me. It is the same old story…ever since Rowan was born and the school year started I feel like I am running some sort of crazy, ultra marathon that never ends. Except it is the best marathon ever because motherhood is seriously the most AMAZING, LOVELY, WONDERFUL thing ever! P.S. I would never run a real marathon because that is insane and I am too tired.
In any case, we had a great Thanksgiving and made it to see all of our families. Every holiday seems a little more special these days because everything is Rowan’s first. Toting an infant and all her gear around from place to place is also a lot more exhausting then when it was just Brandon and I, but we made it happen.
Christmas is just around the corner and we are not ready…at all! We have lots of shopping left to do, meals to plan, and food to make. Not to mention we have 6 family Christmases from now until January! AHHH! Going to all of these gatherings means we need quick, easy, portable snacks and treats to make and bring. I have teamed up with my friends at Enjoy Life to bring you a holiday treat that is free of the Top 8 allergens. That means there is no:
- tree nuts (including coconut)
In this recipe I use Enjoy Life’s Brownie Mix and Dark Chocolate Morsels. The brownie mix is certified gluten free, Top 8 free, verified non-GMO, certified Kosher and Halal, and vegan! Not to mention this mix contains 5 grams of plant protein per serving and a strain of probiotics. The dark chocolate morsels are certified vegan and Paleo-friendly.
My little brownie bites are quick and easy to make, plus they are so cute and festive. Being someone who can’t eat gluten I enjoy bringing allergy friendly treats wherever I go so that other people with food allergies or sensitivities have something that they can eat too.
Enjoy this holiday season!
If you make this recipe tag me using #glutenfreejess and use the tag #BakeFreely so we can see your creations!
- 1 box Enjoy Life Brownie Mix
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow package directions for Enjoy Life Brownie Mix.
- To a mixing bowl add brownie mix, water, and oil.
- Whisk about 20 times until combined.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray very well.
- Fill each muffin tin with batter using a kitchen teaspoon to scoop.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the brownies are baking, crush a candy cane by placing in a small zip top bag and hitting with the back of a measuring cup.
- Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Use a paring knife to carefully remove brownies from the muffin pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Melt dark chocolate morsels by placing them in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave for increments of 30 seconds, stirring every time until smooth and melted.
- This will take about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the brownies with chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Let stand until chocolate hardens.
Disclaimer: This recipe is sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods, a brand I use and trust. Thank you for supporting brands that make Gluten Free Jess possible.