Hey guys! I hope you are all doing well. Life here is the same as always, but that is a good thing. Being a mom is my favorite thing ever and I don’t think there has been another time in my life when I have felt so much joy and happiness every day. Our little lady is almost 7 months old already. I do not know how this happens so quickly! She’s sitting up, starting to crawl, eating food, and developing quite the spunky little personality…I have no idea where she gets it. 😉
Anyway…I am super excited to share a new recipe with you! When I first stopped eating gluten, good pizza was one of the things I missed the most. I feel like I could always find a good gluten free crust of the thin and crispy variety, but never a soft, chewy crust like I remember on the pizzas I used to eat. Then I came across Chebe in my local grocery store. Their pizza crust mix was a game changer. Crispy, yet soft and chewy and definitely didn’t make me miss gluten at all like some of the other mixes out there. I wouldn’t say this if I didn’t believe it or if this wasn’t a product that I regularly buy. Gluten free products can be so expensive and many aren’t that good. It’s important to do your research on what brands actually taste good and are of good quality before spending money on over-priced food.
I love regular old pizza they way it is, but sometimes it’s fun to change things up a bit. That’s where this pull apart skillet pizza comes from. To make it I actually used Chebe’s Focaccia Bread Mix. It is easy to make and has such a yummy rosemary taste.
One of my favorite things about this focaccia mix is the short ingredient list. Tapioca flour. Manioc starch. Sea Salt. Cream of tarter. Baking soda. Rosemary. Basil. That’s it! No gums or other weird ingredients.
The dough is so easy to make and actually kneads into a ball that is smooth, soft, and has some elasticity like a regular, gluten dough.
This pull apart pizza is as simple as whipping up the focaccia dough, rolling it into little balls, putting them into a hot cast iron skillet, adding pizza toppings, and baking.
The result is a pizza with crispy edges, gooey cheese, and soft, chewy bites of focaccia. Yum!!
You can order Chebe products online or use their store locator to see where you can purchase it near you.
Have a great rest of the week!
- 1 box Chebe Focaccia Mix
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large eggs (at room temp)
- 4 tbsp milk
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices nitrate free pepperoni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place 8 inch cast iron skillet into oven to preheat the pan.
- While the pan and oven are preheating, make the focaccia mix according to package directions (Omit the optional step of adding cheese to the dough).
- Once the dough is kneaded and smooth cut it into quarters. Cut each quarter into 8 small pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the balls of dough in a single layer.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the dough.
- Top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
Disclaimer: This recipe was made in partnership with Chebe. All recipes, opinions, and images are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Gluten Free Jess possible.